The world of tea offers tremendous diversity, region, season, cultivar and method of production are but a few of the factors that can influence the quality and character of the cup, and then there is the method of preparation a matter of obvious importance to quality, the world over.
Tea is indeed a puzzling sort of cultural magic so widely adored that it has also evolved into an intensely private ritual, rich with individual preferences, and yet for the millions of variables there is a simple truth
Good tea is tea the way you like it.
The three Ts, Time, Temperature and the amount of Tea will help you prepare the perfect cup of tea.
It is also important to remember the water quality when making tea , even the best tea cannot overcome poor water quality.
- Warm the tea pot, measure the required amount of tea into your teapot.
- Add the correct amount of water, remember that different teas require different water temperatures.
- Allow the tea to steep, steeping times will differ.
- for green and white tend to be brief often 1 to 2 minutes,
- Oolong and Black Tea steep for about 3 to 4 minutes,
- herbal, rooibos and fruit tisanes steep for about 5 minutes.